Even if you and your partner are not married, you are entitled to the same parental rights as married or divorcing parents. Before a court order is issued, both parents have full, complete legal rights to the child. Most often, requesting a Custody Decree from the Court is very important to safeguard and assert your parental rights. If your child's other parent is denying or interfering with your parent-time, or if they refuse to pay their financial share to help support the child, give us a call. We will help determine your rights as a parent and, if needed, help assert your rights in court.